OMG this irresistible Indian dessert by Chef Sheeshpal Singh from Karma Sitabani tastes sooo good. Jhangora ki Kheer is a popular dessert in India and is very easy to create. Presented as a pudding, Jhangora ki Kheer features Jhangora (a type of millet), milk, sugar and is beautifully flavoured with sweet raisins, green cardamoms, almonds and pistachio! Add a little Rosewater or Saffron and you’ll never be the same again. Serve on special occasions such as Valentine’s Day!
How to Make
- Boil the rice and milk in a deep pan.
- Simmer over low flame, stirring occasionally till the rice is cooked and the milk becomes thick.
- When done add sugar, raisins, and cardamoms.
- Stir till sugar gets dissolved properly.
- Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with almonds.
- Serve hot or chilled.
Saffron & rose water can be to further enhance its flavour.
Thank you, Neeraj! We hope the simplicity of this dessert has tempted you to try making it.