How divine is this new addition to the dessert menu of Karma Kandara’s Spa & Dine Experience! Says Chef Joseph: ‘This recipe is so easy, fast and cheap to make and it’s a great opportunity to experiment with your own unique flavors’! He suggests experimenting by mixing cacao, acai or even matcha green tea powder into the yogurt. Let sit for 20 minutes to fully bloom the flavor into the yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Crème Brûlée
Macerated strawberries, granola crunch
- Prep Time15 Minutes
- Assemble Time10 minutes
- Yields4 servings
Yogurt Crème Brûlée – assembly
(recipes to follow)
- Evenly divide the macerated strawberries between the four ramekins. (50gr each.)
- Top the strawberries with the granola evenly divided. (35gr each.)
- Spoon the hanged vanilla bean yogurt on top of the granola and smooth out the top surface. (150gr ea.)
- Place the prepared ramekins in the freezer to set up for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins one at a time* and sprinkle with sugar evenly on top.
- Quickly Brule the sugar with the propane torch to get a nice, caramelised crust. (5gr. Each).
- Repeat these steps one at a time leaving the ramekins in the freezer until ready to brule.· Serve immediately.
*note- By sprinkling the sugar on top of the yogurt and torching immediately you are able to achieve a much crustier topping.
If the sugar sits too long on top prior to applying the torch, it will tend to absorb into the yogurt in which you will need to add more in order to get a nice, caramelised topping.
Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
- Choose an organic premium unsweetened yogurt.
- Mix in the vanilla extract with a wire whisk.
- Place the vanilla yogurt back in the fridge covered until ready to assemble.
- Wash and remove the stems of the strawberries. Cut them in half or quarters depending on the size of the berries. They should easily fit onto a spoon in comfortable bite size pieces.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and lemon juice, give them a quick toss with a spoon.
- Evenly divide the berries between four ramekins and reserve.· *Feel free to substitute any berry or even do a mixed berry for this recipe. The important thing is to choose seasonal, ripe and organic ingredients.
At Karma, we make our own granola with a little dark cocoa powder which goes very nicely with this refreshing spa driven dessert.
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of making your own, just choose your favorite brand.
I would recommend one that is not packed with too many flavors and nuts as it may take away from the clean simplicity of this treat!