Chef Kundan – Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, Goa
One of the most recognisable and irresistible Goan street food snacks – and a fun one to try at home!
For Ross (gravy)
- Step 1. For the omelette – whisk all the ingredients together and fry a fluffy masala omelette in a pan.
- Step 2. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves to it.
- Sauté till the seeds crackle.
- Add onion, ginger-garlic paste and tomato and fry till the tomato turns soft.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala and red chilli to the mix and cook the masala well till it releases oil.
- Add the coconut milk and gently boil the gravy. Your ross is ready for plating!
- Cut the omelette into bite-sized pieces and keep them on a plate.
- Spread a generous amount of ross on it.
- Make sure the omelette gets dipped in the gravy.
- Garnish with some chopped onions, coriander leaves and lemon juice and serve with butter-toasted pao.
It is yummy, Sajid! Do let us know if you try it. 🙂