Chef Jeevraj – Karma Golden Camp, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
Laal Maas marinades tender mutton in a thick tomato sauce spiced with Mathania chillies – best enjoyed in the middle of the desert with a dome of stars overhead…
- Half an hour prior to preparation, marinate mutton with ginger and garlic paste, red chilli powder & curd. Heat ghee in a handi (copper cooking basin) or deep pan, then put whole spices and slices of onion till they get brown.
- After that, put in the mutton pieces and fry them for 10-15 minutes.
- Add whole red chill and cook to extract the flavour.
- After this add red chilli powder, salt and Kashmiri mirch and cook on slow flame till the meat is well done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.