Chef Kamal Kumar – Karma Royal MonteRio, Goa
Hailing from Himachal Pradesh, Chef Kumar likes to bring some of his local culinary flair to the table in Goa – this dish, (Potatoes in Yoghurt Gravy) is similar to a kadhi that is prepared in the snow capped mountains of Himachal. The food is simple with subtle yet delicious flavours. In this recipe, soft potatoes are cooked in a rich and thick creamy yoghurt curry that is flavoured with coriander. The aroma that you get from this dish while preparing is sensational.
- To begin making the Himachali Style Pahari Aloo Palda, add gram flour to the curd, whisk well and keep it aside.
- Heat a kadai with oil, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds and red chillies and allow the aroma to be released for 10 seconds.
- Add the sliced onions and saute till soft, add the potatoes and saute till they get cooked.
- Then add the spice powders which is turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder into the kadai and saute them well till the raw smell goes away.
- This will take 3 to 4 Minutes.
- Add some water, salt and close it with the lid and cook so that the potatoes get cooked faster.
- Add whisked curd mixture slowly, keeping the heat low.
- Mix well, add salt and stir until it thickens a little.
- Let it cook for 2 more minutes and switch off the heat.
- Serve the Himachali Style Pahari Aloo Palda Recipe along with Nan.