Mango in Coconut Curry is a sweet, sour and spicy dish that is popular in the coastal Konkan region.
Ingredients for Grinding
How to Make
- Slice the mango into pieces and marinate with salt.
- Grind the mustard seeds, green chili, chili powder, turmeric powder, grated coconut and jaggery to make a smooth paste.
- Heat the frying pan with a little oil. Add 1-tsp of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and 1tsp of asafoetida. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the sliced marinated mangos and the rest of the ingredients to the pan.
- Add a little water and continue cooking on low heat/fire – add the ground paste and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve hot