Why not surprise your guests with one of these two flavoursome Balinese recipes. Bebek Goreng is fried duck marinated with Balinese spicy ‘Bambu Rajang’ paste and tastes so good! Not to be left out, Kare Ayam is a chicken curry that is one of the most sought-after dishes on the menu at Karma Mayura resort in Bali.
Bebek Goreng is fried duck marinated with Balinese spicy ‘Bambu Rajang’ paste. At Karma Mayura, they serve this delicious dish with rice and a trio of sambal’s with a garnish of lettuce, tomato and cucumber.
- Cut the duck into half and marinate with a little salt and pepper.
- Chop and dice all the other ingredients for the ‘Bambu Rajang’ Balinese spicy paste.
- Sauté the Bambu Rajang with a little coconut oil in a medium stock pot until the aroma is fragrant.
- Add 2 litres of water until it boils, Add the duck and sprinkle with salt, pepper and chicken powder to taste.
- Cook until the duck is tender. Remove the duck and let it cool down until tender.
- Finally, deep fry the duck with coconut oil in a pan until it becomes nice crispy and turns golden brown7. Your Bebek Goreng is ready to serve.
Chicken Curry (Kare Ayam)
- Sauté all the ingredients with cooking oil in a medium sized pan. Allow the aroma of the ingredients to release. Cool down.
- Blend all the sauteed ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Sauté the paste in a stock pot, adding lemongrass, salam and lime leaves until the aroma of the ingredients is released. Add the chicken.
- Once half cooked, add 350ml of chicken stock and cook the chicken until tender. Add seasoning with salt and pepper.5. Remove the lemongrass, salam and lime leaves. Your Kare Aram is ready to serve – with steamed rice!
You have star anise in the picture and in the actual food, but not in the recipe……. How stupid do you think we are ?
Well spotted Merinda – The star anise is an additional decoration to give it that festive touch and aroma!