To celebrate the reopening of Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, our F&B team shares favourite beverage recipes to kick-start your day. These Indian-inspired powerhouse drinks are packed with homegrown spices and herbs known to boost the immune system. From a vegan tonic to a summer smoothie and the classical ‘Masala Chai Hot Toddy’, here are 3 easy-to-create drinks to keep you healthy and hydrated.
No Booze Masala Chai Hot Toddy
- 10 grams Assam Tea Powder
- 10 grams Cardamom
- 10 grams Star Anise
- 15 grams of Cinnamon Bark
- Brown sugar to taste
- 400ml water
- 200ml Orange Juice
- 200ml Cranberry Juice
Brew the tea and spices, simmer for 6-7 minutes on medium heat, remove from heat, add orange juice, sugar and cranberry juice, stir well and serve.
Tender Coconut Bana-Colada
- 100 grams of frozen peeled bananas
- 100 grams of frozen chopped pineapple
- 150 grams of fresh tender coconut flesh
- 50ml coconut milk
- 4 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender, pour in a tall glass and garnish with thin lime slice and toasted coconut.
Vegan Immunity Booster
- 10 grams Homemade Vegan Chyawanprash (Indian Gooseberry Jam)
- 200ml Almond Milk
- 5 grams of Almond Butter
- 5ml maple syrup
For a Jar of Vegan Goosberry Jam :
- 300 grams Indian Gooseberry
- 350 grams Organic Jaggery
- 150ml Olive Oil
The below-mentioned ingredients must be in the powdered form :
- Cardamom-10 gm.
- Triphala-6 gm
- Sandalwood-5 gm
- Long Pepper-5 gm
- Ginger, dry- 5 gm
- Dashmool- 5 gm
- Nutmeg- 02 gm
- Cloves-02 gm
- Chinese Cinnamon- 02 gm
- Pepper-02 gm
- Mix all the powders in a glass bowl and set aside.
- Wash the Indian Gooseberry and pat dry it completely.
- Prick them with a fork.
- Cook the gooseberries in the water on high heat until soft
- De-seed them and prepare a very smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan / non-stick pan add olive oil and jaggery.
- Add the Indian gooseberry paste and cook on a slow flame, till all the moisture in the mixture evaporates. Add the mixed powders to it. Mix well.
- Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool completely
- Transfer the prepared mixture in a sterilized and dry glass bottle.
For Immunity Booster :
Combine Almond Milk, Gooseberry Jam, Maple Syrup and Almond Butter in a saucepan, heat on stove over medium heat until warm. Serve in a mug and dust with cinnamon powder.